Help! I can't get the Output or Error List panes to come back in my UI

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
gschiff

Help! I can't get the Output or Error List panes to come back in my UI

Post by gschiff » Wed 29 Apr 2015 00:16

I recently did something that caused the Output and Error List panes to totally disappear from my UI when using the SQL editor. I can't recall if it was the result of dragging then around or closing them with an 'x', but the end result is that I can't get them to come back. When I select them from the View menu, nothing happens.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you know how to fix it, or how to reset my window/pane configuration back to a default state so I can see them again?

Thanks,
Garrett Schiff

alexa

Re: Help! I can't get the Output or Error List panes to come back in my UI

Post by alexa » Wed 29 Apr 2015 08:30

Please try selecting 'Window -> Reset Window Layout' from the main menu.

If this still doesn't help, please try the following:

1. Uninstall dbForge Studio for Oracle selecting the 'Registry options' and 'Configuration files' options only on the 'Uninstall options' page of the Uninstall wizard.

2. Remove the installation folder of dbForge Studio for Oracle (if exists) that is by default as follows:

%programfiles%\Devart\dbForge Studio for Oracle

3. Remove the following file (if exists):

%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Studio for Oracle\uicache.dat

4. Install dbForge Studio for Oracle once again http://www.devart.com/dbforge/oracle/st ... nload.html