Freeze when editing inside ()

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
strips

Freeze when editing inside ()

Post by strips » Wed 02 Jan 2008 10:25

Hi,

Recently started testing OraDeveloper.

As a workaround with OraDeveloper not recognizing .pkb files I copied the contents to test.sql. The backage body compiles with some datatype warnings of no importance.

When trying to edit inside an existing bracket () it freezes completly. Killing session does not help.

When trying to recreate this I get freezes all over. Even when saving a file.

To recreate a freeze:

- Start OraDev
- Connect to DB
- Create new database object -> procedure
- Editing code, only adding a dbms_output.put_line('Test') and renaming proc name.
- Save file -> freeze!

I have:
Windows XP, 2GB ram
Oracle database 11g installed (not running)

Connecting database 10g

Alexz
Devart Team

Post by Alexz » Wed 02 Jan 2008 13:15

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this problem on the recent version of OraDeveloper Studio. What version do you use? You can find it in the About dialog from Help menu.

strips

Post by strips » Wed 02 Jan 2008 13:38

I have 2.55.119.

Downloaded today.

There is alot of software on this comp so it might be some inkompatiabilities. Maybe a problem with the 11g driver?

I modified connection to use direct mode. Followed the steps I steded earlier. It took about 60 seconds to save the file. Maybe I was a bit quick when it froze earlier.

It said "building code completion list..." when I started saving and a bit after the save was done.

Compiling (Ctrl-F7) seems to freeze. I have waited five minutes now and still freezing. Will update here if it comes out of the freeze.

The proc was created when checking with SQL Developer.

Alexz
Devart Team

Post by Alexz » Wed 02 Jan 2008 15:41

Could you please answer the following questions?

1. What did you work with when application hung - file or stored routine editor, opened from the Database Explorer?
2. Was the transaction started?
3. Could you please describe your actions step-by-step?
4. Please specify your connection string.
5. Was the debug operation started (in this or any other application)?