A Constraint named 'Constraint1' already belongs to this DataTable

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
puromtec

A Constraint named 'Constraint1' already belongs to this DataTable

Post by puromtec » Tue 27 Nov 2007 15:26

I receive the following pop-up error message when I perform a select * or column on a particular table, where the column is a member of the unique index.

"Duplicate value found..."
OR
"A Constraint named 'Constraint1' already belongs to this DataTable"

The history is that I recently created a unique index on the table without validate, meaning there are currently records in the table that violate the unique constraint.

To create the unique index I executed the following two commands:
create index myindex_uk on tblWidget (colA, colB);

alter table tblWidget add constraint myindex_uk unique (colA, colB) enable novalidate;

Now, I cannot select from the table using OraDeveloper. However, I can using sqlplus.

It looks like OraDeveloper is creating a datatable that matches the one in the database that includes the unique constraint. It would be nice if that feature could be sometimes disabled somehow...

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Wed 28 Nov 2007 07:18

We could not reproduce the problem on the recent version of OraDeveloper. Please, make sure that you have downloaded the latest version.

puromtec

Post by puromtec » Wed 28 Nov 2007 15:19

my version is 2.0.47, I'll upgrade if possible.

I'll try to reproduce it with a simple example and get back to you. I'll include all of the scripts and actions.

Thanks.