Save of Mapping Config?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
andrewh

Save of Mapping Config?

Post by andrewh » Fri 25 Jul 2014 01:55

Hi
Working with a vendor database that has many tables and quite a few CLOBs but not too many unique constraints. I don't need to compare all the tables either.

However, while I can save the options on a data comparison, it appears that the mappings is reset every time I open the file. So I have to remove the tables I am not interested in and create the comparison key every time.

Is there a way to save the mapping setup - what tables to compare and how to compare them? Searched the Doco, FAQ, and forums without much success.

Thanks....Andrew

alexa

Re: Save of Mapping Config?

Post by alexa » Fri 25 Jul 2014 13:38

Could you please provide us the detailed steps to reproduce this issue and specify the mapping details (such as the CREATE definitions of the tables, mapping keys).

Please also provide us the screenshots taken before saving and after opening the file.

Additionally, please specify the product's build.

andrewh

Post by andrewh » Mon 28 Jul 2014 02:17

Annoying. Typed up a big spiel to have the page timeout and need to re-login and lost everything. How long is the timeout - happened again doing this - which I saved just in case...

Anyway, I am doing a tool evaluation and using Data Compare Standard Edition 3.5.89

Turns out that if I had left the comparison re-execute on opening, the comparison configuration would have been present; however, because our dataset is so large it takes 2-4 hours to run and I wanted to just look at the previously executed data so I cancelled the execution, then clicked Edit Comparison, to find that the previous comparison mapping configuration was gone.
  • New Comparison
  • Select Source and Target
  • Next
  • Next
  • Define Comparison Mapping
  • Compare
  • Save
  • Exit DataCompare
  • Open DataCompare
  • Select newly saved project
  • Click Cancel and Yes once it start so execute
  • Click Change its settings or Edit Comparison
  • Select Mapping - and the tool re-initialises from the DB rather than what had previously been configured.
Is there a way for this previous configuration to be available rather than re-initialised?

Also, is there a way to get back to a previously executed comparison result rather than re-running the comparison?

Thanks...Andrew

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 29 Jul 2014 12:41

We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds.

In the meanwhile, you would need to wait until the object describe, starting when you open a *.dcomp file, is finished and only then cancel it.

andrewh

Post by andrewh » Mon 04 Aug 2014 02:06

OK. Thanks for that.
Andrew