Trying the SAMPLE - Error - section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Cody21

Trying the SAMPLE - Error - section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level

Post by Cody21 » Wed 18 Apr 2007 20:13

OK - here I go. Uninstalled all previous versions of MySqlDirect .net .. Downloaded and installed the 4.x version. I told it to build the IIS directories and did a "typical" install. I launch the SAMPLE solution and went into the Web Providers sample - as well as several other ones. Every time I RUN them, I get the following error:

Error 1 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2\Samples\CacheDependency\CS\Web.Config 32

PS - and so you're clear on what I did - I installed this new 4.x version on my DESKTOP machine (had 3.x installed previously). My laptop appears to be working fine. I had never tried runniing the SAMPLE before on my DESKTOP machine; but my other Production project works fine as does other MySqlDirect features (e.g., Gridview, etc.) .... just none of the SAMPLES in your product.

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 19 Apr 2007 09:34

Usually this problem pertains to the presense of different web.config files in sub-folders of web application.
Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce it with our samples.
Try to create a fresh application and add all files from the sample to it.
Do you use Visual Studio to run the samples?

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Thu 19 Apr 2007 14:36

OK, I'll try that Alexey.

All I'm doing is launching the SAMPLES within Visual Studio 2005 after installing the product. There is only the 1 web.config file in the Web Providers Sample. (I'm trying to test/reproduce that LOGIN problem.)

thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 20 Apr 2007 07:37

Let me know your progress.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Fri 20 Apr 2007 22:06

Alexey - in an attempt to try to get a handle on this, I totally removed and reinstalled the 4.0 version. I continue to receive this error using the original web.config that is provided in the SAMPLES\Web Provider... I modified nothing more than the AddName and the TIMEOUT="60" in the web.config file of the solution file. There is only 1 web.config file in the solution in SAMPLES\Web Provider ...

This is the error that I continue to receive, so I can't TEST the Login/Timeout issue previously reported, and I can't run this SAMPLE solution. :

Error 1 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2\Samples\WebProviders\CS\web.config 17

This is my revised addname andof course I need to modify this to actually LOGIN to test the Sample provided (right?):

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 26 Apr 2007 07:51

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this problem here. I suppose, it pertains to IIS configuration.