App_License.dll -- not on my machine

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Cody21

App_License.dll -- not on my machine

Post by Cody21 » Sat 03 Mar 2007 18:30

ongoing saga of the license not found problem. I do *not* have a app_license.dll file anywhere on my machine. I searched everywhere - including hidden folders.

Can you email me the file?? or how do I get it created?

Thanks ... again.

(Sorry to be such a pain.. I am very new to this and as you can see have been struggling. I have found NO documentation whatsoever that details the SPECIFIC steps to implement MySQLDirect from point of install to actually working on a published site. As reported earlier, the .chm file does not work for me either. This Purchase has abeen a very bad experieince for me.)

Cody21

Re: App_License.dll -- not on my machine

Post by Cody21 » Mon 05 Mar 2007 18:24

Wanted to add something to this that might assist you in troubleshooting this for me.. I stumbled across the "lc.exe" directive here on your forum. I had believed that when I ran this that it was successful. So in tring to figure this out (on my own) I decided to delete the output of the original command I ran and change the application name to match my web site's project name (cityswing). I also added the /v (verbose) option. Well even though it SAID it was successful at the end, it failed: I receive an error as follows:

Processing complist 'C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\My Documents\My Web Sites\City Swing\Bin\licenses.licx'...
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\My Documents\My Web Sites\City Swing\Bin\licenses.licx(1) : info LC0001 : Processing component entry 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql '

C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\My Documents\My Web Sites\City Swing\Bin\licenses.
licx(1) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection,
CoreLab.MySql '

Creating Licenses file cityswing.exe.licenses...

So - the error is LC0003 ;; And I confirmed that the .dll file is there - dated 2/1/2007

Cody21 wrote:ongoing saga of the license not found problem. I do *not* have a app_license.dll file anywhere on my machine. I searched everywhere - including hidden folders.

Can you email me the file?? or how do I get it created?

Thanks ... again.

(Sorry to be such a pain.. I am very new to this and as you can see have been struggling. I have found NO documentation whatsoever that details the SPECIFIC steps to implement MySQLDirect from point of install to actually working on a published site. As reported earlier, the .chm file does not work for me either. This Purchase has abeen a very bad experieince for me.)

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Mon 05 Mar 2007 23:11

Pleeeeeeeeze -- SOMEONE -- ANYONE --- IS THERE ANYONE OUT HERE?

Please, email me the app_licenses.dll file !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naughty_pines at sbcglobal dot net

(why is this so difficult?????)

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Mar 2007 08:01

I would like to ask you to not initiate lots of threads regarding the same issue. Also please check spelling before posting the messages. Sometimes it's very hard to decipher some words.
The problem you report doesn't have a simple clue. Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Mar 2007 08:36

Did you use the following command to compile license manually:

Code: Select all

"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe" /target:App_Licenses.dll /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\CoreLab.MySql.dll"
?

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Tue 06 Mar 2007 14:58

Uh, no -- how was I supposed to KNOW that?? I have NO DOCUMENTATION ... like I said in the OTHER thread, the MYSqlDirect .Net Documentation fails to come up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product. Same error.

I will TRY this new command syntax and let you know.
Alexey wrote:Did you use the following command to compile license manually:

Code: Select all

"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe" /target:App_Licenses.dll /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\CoreLab.MySql.dll"
?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Mar 2007 15:14

Do you have another PC or virtual machine to try on? This problem is very strange.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Tue 06 Mar 2007 15:30

Alexey wrote:Do you have another PC or virtual machine to try on? This problem is very strange.
OK, I was finally able to get a "app_licenses.dll.licenses" created. First of all, this has to be done using .net 2.0 version of the lc.exe code.

However, after copying the file to my project and putting in the /bin difrectory, I *still* have the "License not Found" problem on the web site.

WHERE is the newly created app_licenses.dll.licenses file supposed to go?

Lastly - reading thru the documentation (and maybe THIS is the key to finally fixing this), you say that I need to "embed" this into my project. However in VWD 2005, there is NO EMBED option in the Project Properties. I have searched and searched for this and cannot for the life of me see how to "embed" this file. Are there Step by Step instructions that work with VWD 2005 ?? or is there a Manual way to do this that is documented in detail?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 07 Mar 2007 10:50

I am locking this thread, because the same topic is here: http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=25413#25413