Newly created web.config -- unable to extract MySql DB info

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Cody21

Newly created web.config -- unable to extract MySql DB info

Post by Cody21 » Fri 02 Mar 2007 18:27

After a lot of reading, research, and testing, I now have my web.config file modified wituh ONLY the CoreLab MySql elements. However I am now having trouble accessing the data in my DB. It appears that there are standard Table definitions required for Login, PasswordRecovery, Role & Membership management. Is that TRUE? Are these default requirements documented someplace? Do I need to delete my DB and add it again from scratch? I *think* I'm making a little progress, but it still is not working. Thank you.

error: Table 'cityswingdb.aspnet_membership' doesn't exist

web.config ====

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Sat 03 Mar 2007 07:25

Yes, you have to create some tables in your database. Please take a look at the "ASP.NET Provider Model support" topic of our documentation.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Sat 03 Mar 2007 21:36

That worked, thank you ... However as previoulsly noted, I don't have that documentation to look at .. I found this HOW TO information by scouring your Forum.

PS - if you're attempting to send a .zip file to me, maybe either your provider or mine doens't allow .zip files??? Just a thought. Maybe change the extension to something like .junk or something...
Alexey wrote:Yes, you have to create some tables in your database. Please take a look at the "ASP.NET Provider Model support" topic of our documentation.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Mar 2007 08:07

Re-sent (renamed to *.txt).