newly-published site. Unable to find Data Provider error message

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Cody21

newly-published site. Unable to find Data Provider error message

Post by Cody21 » Thu 01 Mar 2007 01:02

I have a MySQL DB defined and functioning -- my Roles/Mebership functions work fine. When I try to execute my GridView of the data, I get the following error. I have the CoreLab.data.dll file copied to my /BIN directorty. Is there something else I have to do to make the data retrieveable? (this is thr TRIAL version - I paid for a registration today. Am I missing a License key or something? Thanks so much. :

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1372087
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +63
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +19
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +120
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +41
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 01 Mar 2007 11:10

What is the version of MySQLDirect .NET you use?
You should have copied CoreLab.MySql.dll to the BIN folder as well.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Thu 01 Mar 2007 15:52

I just received my license key and uninstalled the previous (trial) version and downloaded and installed my licensed version (3.x I think it said). in the newly-downloaded version, there is no Corelab.data.dll like there was in the tirla version. But there is a Corelab.mysql.dll which I copied into my /Bin directory and am about to publush and test again.

As a side note, I don't see how to invoke the "Solution Explorer" to install the "App_Licenses.dll" to my /Bin directory as outlined in the Help. This is what the bullet says: (so how do I invoke the "solution explorer" to generate this file?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to license ASP.NET 2.0 applications?
The .licx file is not required when you deploy your web project on server. Instead App_Licenses.dll assembly must be placed in the Bin directory of your site. To create this assembly execute Build Runtime Licenses command in the licenses.licx file context menu in the Solution Explorer view. Required assembly will be created automatically.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Thu 01 Mar 2007 16:46

Same error after copying the registerd version of the Corelab.MySql.dll to my /Bin directory.. side note, there is no longer a corelab.data.dll in the registered version?

Is there some License "thing" I have to copy to my published site?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 02 Mar 2007 11:05

I don't see how to invoke the "Solution Explorer"
The Solution Explorer is invoked by choosing View --> Solution Explorer menu item in the Visual Studio.
You have to copy App_Licenses.dll as well as CoreLab.MySql.dll.
Same error after copying the registerd version of the Corelab.MySql.dll
What error? Please describe in detail.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Fri 02 Mar 2007 15:56

You have to copy App_Licenses.dll as well as CoreLab.MySql.dll.

** I searched my entire machine for "App_Licenses.dll" and there is no such file on my local machine (where MySqlDirect was installed). I have the current version of Corelab.MySql.dll installed in my /bin directory of my site.
Same error after copying the registerd version of the Corelab.MySql.dll
What error? Please describe in detail.[/quote]

I've pasted the error below. I've worked with my ISP and the suggestion is a "machine.config" problem. However, according to them, that file is not anything that is to be copied to my site. They in fact say that I should NOT be copying that up there. All I have is a Web.Config in the root of my web site. Do you want a copy of my machine.config and/or my web.config? Please be aware, I am using 2 "data providers" in my site.

You can reproduce this as follows: (1) www.cityswingsf.com, (2) click on "members-only" link, (3) in bottom right corner, click on "2006". That is a GridView display of MySql DB associated with the MySqlDirect provider.

So, again, this is the error:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1372087
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +63
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +19
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +120
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +41
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Fri 02 Mar 2007 17:21

Wanted to add 1 more thing. To save time, I've pasted my Web.Config file below for your review. The 1 thing I notice in my config files is that there is in fact NO provider for MySqlDirect. Hence probably what's going on after publishing this. However the weird thing like I said is that this all works perfectly when running it LOCAL. Is the Machine.Config file entries not on my ISP the issue?? and if so, how do I solve that? I searched your site for a sample Web.Config file to no avail. Thanks.

Cody21

Post by Cody21 » Fri 02 Mar 2007 18:17

OK -- Let''s please regroup on this .. I will start this in another thread. What I've done after a lot of searching and reading on your site is to remove that other "provider" that I had initially applied to my system. So please ignore this thread and let me share my issues I'm cureently having in the other post..

Thank you.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Sat 03 Mar 2007 07:19

OK, the post is locked.