Build Runtime License option missing

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
jmarshall

Build Runtime License option missing

Post by jmarshall » Wed 31 Jan 2007 13:30

Greetings,

After installing Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2005, I created a new "ASP.NET Web Application" project (as opposed to the "ASP.NET Web Site" which has always been available).
I tried creating the licenses.licx file with the appropriate content (as I have done many other times in the past with "ASP.NET Web Site" projects) but the "Build Runtime License" is not shown on the context menu.
If I try exactly the same thing on the traditional "ASP.NET Web Site", everything is fine (ie. the "Build Runtime License" option is available and can create the App_Licenses.dll).

I am using the latest MySQLDirect.Net Pro v3.5.19.0.

Is there some I am not doing correctly or is this an issue with this type of project?

Regards,
Justin.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 01 Feb 2007 12:45

You do not have to create App_Licenses.dll in Web Application projects, because this type of project is similar to Visual Studio 2003 ASP.NET Web Application.
Just place MySqlConnection component onto a web form (upon this licenses.licx file should be created automatically) and you are done.

jmarshall

Post by jmarshall » Fri 02 Feb 2007 10:12

What do I do if I'm using the MySqlDirect library in code only?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 02 Feb 2007 10:21

You should create licenses.licx file yourself as described in the Licensing topic of our documentation. Please refer to it for more information.