Help with embedding MySql into C# .net windows App

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
CLIPER

Post by CLIPER » Wed 18 Jun 2008 06:52

If we but the MyDirect.NET is that mean we can also have the source-code? or just the assembly?

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 18 Jun 2008 16:04

Hello,

Source code for MyDirect .NET are not available for sale.

Regards,
Alexey.

Muhammad Saqib

How to Configure embedd..

Post by Muhammad Saqib » Thu 03 Jul 2008 12:06

Hi i am using mysql community server 6.0 i am facing problem while its configuration for embedded server. I followed all the steps specified in documentation and also providing proper connection string but i am finding error: Error Occured while initializing embedded server. Heres my program's connection string:
"User Id=root;Database=padprotodb;Direct=False;Embedded=True;Persist Security Info=True;Connection Timeout=10000;Server Parameters=\"--basedir=f:/server/embedded/;--datadir=f:/server/embedded/data/;\"";

kindly help me to sort it out as soon as possible thanks.

anton.connect

Post by anton.connect » Fri 04 Jul 2008 08:28

There are just two conditions for Embedded server to function in deployed application:
1. libmysqld.dll file should be accessible for your executable file. It may be a good idea to distribute libmysqld.dll in the same folder with your application exe file.
2. The basedir and datadir variables must be set correctly. If the settings are invalid you will receive System.ApplicationException.

Muhammad Saqib

Embedded server configuration

Post by Muhammad Saqib » Fri 04 Jul 2008 09:54

hi i am providing libmysqld.dll at debug folder of my program as well as through path variable but its not working

and for basedir i creaded a folder with the name of embedded and i paste share folder and data folder of mysql server at this place and while connecting i am providing --basedir=f:/server/embedded/;--datadir=f:/server/embedded/data/; this string as a server parameter in mysqlconnection properties but still its not working fine please help me out to how to configure mysql embedded server thanks. Regards,

Muhammad Saqib.

Muhammad Saqib

Post by Muhammad Saqib » Tue 08 Jul 2008 05:40

Hi i am facing a problem while accessing data from embedded database server. when i try to fetch data through mysqldatatable or mysqldataset component of core lab (mydirect) I found an error message. "Incorrect information in file :\server\embedded\data\mydatabase\xyz.frm".

Please help me to resolve this problem as soon as possible thanks,

AlexeyB

Post by AlexeyB » Tue 08 Jul 2008 08:30

I think that the problem may be in compatibility between different 6.0 versions of desktop and embedded MySql servers. Try to create test tables against the MyDirect connection from script, not by copying them from the desktop server folder. Than perform your SQL queries on those test tables. If the error is reproduced with this test script, please send it to us and we will deal with it.