VS2005 Pro

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
monkeyx

VS2005 Pro

Post by monkeyx » Mon 08 Jan 2007 09:57

I did post this another thread but nobody answered?

I installed a version of this software before Christmas and had to unistall it almost straight away.

When I was trying to create a new data connection using dialogue Server explorer it gave an error (stating there was an error with MySQLDirect.NET provider) event log relating to this error posted below.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( devenv ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider: The data provider object factory service was not found..

Unistalling the software allowed this dialogue to work again.

I tried installing the new version today and although the toolbar now works the add data connection still bombs out and the demo C# project does not work ?

Please advise.

monkeyx

Post by monkeyx » Mon 08 Jan 2007 11:14

Well I made some progress I installed MySQL Developer Tools for VS 2005 1.70 and found that I can now use the Data Connections Dailogue and have MySQLDirect .NET version 3.55 for .NET Framework 2.0 installed!

Unless I missed something in the docs it would have been VERY useful it made it clear that installing only MySQLDirect .NET version 3.55 for .NET Framework 2.0 can stop certain parts of VS2005 working! Was this caused becuase I installed broken version this package before installing the working version?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 09 Jan 2007 08:01

I answered your question at http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23976#23976.
Please take a look.