OLEDB Provider was not specified in the connection string

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
JohnW

OLEDB Provider was not specified in the connection string

Post by JohnW » Tue 22 Mar 2005 00:18

I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database on a Linux system so I can retrieve data for a ComponentOne C1Report control in my VB.NET program. However, I keep getting the following error message:

"Cannot get schema for this connection because:
An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString. An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'."

What would the provider be for MySQLDirect.NET?

Also, I was told by their tech support the following below regarding the ComponentOne C1Report control:

"Another thing to note is that currently, ComponentOne's C1Report uses an OleDbConnection internally, to get the schema and data. This allows it to handle Access and all Sql data providers. However, the OleDb data classes do not support ODBC, so you cannot use DSNs in connection strings."

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 22 Mar 2005 14:34

As we understood you try to use MySQLDirect .NET as Provider argument in the ComponentOne report DataSource connection string. However, ComponentOne Reports for .NET can not use ADO.NET data providers as Data Source, as stated in ComponentOne documentation. Please refer to ComponentOne Reports for .NET documentation and use correct data source for the report.