How to use MySQLDirect.NET with Object Test Bench (Licensing Problem)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
cbamford

How to use MySQLDirect.NET with Object Test Bench (Licensing Problem)

Post by cbamford » Sat 02 Dec 2006 11:33

Hello, I have recently purchased and installed the Pro version of your software. I have placed the licensing file as instructed into my project.

Here's the problem, I am trying to develop some classes to be included in a DLL and as part of this design/coding process I use Object Test Bench, included in VS 2005, as part of my ongoing development process. However, whenever I try and create and test an instance of a class using Object Test Bench, the MySQLDirect.NET classes throw a licensing exception.

Is it possible to resolve this issue ? If so, how ?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 04 Dec 2006 09:15

You should create licenses.config file as described in "Licensing" topic of our help documentation and populate it with the name of Object Test Bench' executable file name and others that would use your library.

cbamford

Post by cbamford » Mon 04 Dec 2006 19:25

Where should the licenses.licx and licenses.config files be in relation to my DLL ? I have placed them into the same folder as the MySQLDirect.NET installed into, namely: C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2.

This is the content of my licenses.licx file

Code: Select all

CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql
And this is the content of my licenses.config file

devenv.exe
The Object Test Bench is an option with VS.NET and I do not know the name of the executable file, if there is one at all. Trying to run the class in Object Test Bench results in the same error:

An unhandled exception of type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException' occurred in CoreLab.MySql.dll

Additional information: License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.
I also tried adding the licenses.config file to the bin/debug directory of my DLL, Object Test Bench now cannot create an instance of the class in the DLL for testing.

In addition I tried placing the licenses.config file in the same place as my licenses.licx file in the project directory and got the same exception that I got with the licenses.config file in the MySQLDirect.NET2 folder.

Many thanks.

Chris.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 05 Dec 2006 08:12

Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details.