Vista support?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
TillmanZ

Vista support?

Post by TillmanZ » Sun 22 Oct 2006 22:34

Hi there,

I am trying to install the mysqlnet350pro2.exe (3.50.13) on a Vista system.
The installer exits with error 1722 - can you have that fixed?

Best regards,

Tillman

Update: I did what I should have done first - I checked the older threads and found that Alexey said on Sep 22th that CoreLab is looking into this issue.
I wonder if 4 weeks later you have had a chance to fix it.

TillmanZ

Post by TillmanZ » Tue 24 Oct 2006 11:47

Actually I did that first and it worked very well but then I was getting caught up in the moment and I tried to install the mysqlpro on Vista directly.
The installation failed as you know and from that point on I was always receiving the dreaded license error when trying to use your lib.
I did all the usual stuff like rebuilding the project, recreating the license file and even copying the entire project from the XP installation again but it didn't work.
So if you were able to tell me how to get rid of that license issue then I would highly appreciate that!

Best regards,

Tillman

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 24 Oct 2006 12:01

Try to completely remove all parts of MySQLDirect .NET that had time to be installed before 1722 error occurred:
Stop Windows Installer service;
Delete key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products that corresponds to
MySQLDirect .NET;
Delete key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies that corresponds to
CoreLab.MySql.dll;
Remove all CoreLab.* assemblies from GAC;
Stop IIS service;
Remove \Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET folder.
Hopefully this will help you.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 13 Dec 2006 16:26

New build of MySQLDirect .NET 3.55.16 with Windows Vista support is available for download now!