ASP.Net 2.0 Licensing problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
jmarshall

ASP.Net 2.0 Licensing problem

Post by jmarshall » Tue 03 Oct 2006 15:02

Greetings,

I have created an ASP.Net 2.0 application which works fine on my development machine but when I deployed it to my online web server (IIS6.0), I got a "License not valid" error.

I tried following the instructions from the MySQLDirect.Net help file which states:
Licensing ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
The .licx file is not required when you deploy your web project on server. Instead App_Licenses.dll assembly must be placed in the Bin directory of your site. To create this assembly execute Build Runtime Licenses command in the licenses.licx file context menu in the Solution Explorer view. Required assembly will be created automatically.

I cannot find the licenses.licx file context menu within the Solution Explorer. Can somebody please clarify where I can find this option.

I think it would be a good idea to locate this option under Tools - MySql which would make it easy to find seeing as it is so critical.

I am using VS 2005 Pro & MySQLDirect.Net Pro 3.50.12.0.

Regards,
Justin.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 04 Oct 2006 06:14

Context menus are supposed to pop up when you click with the right button of the mouse an item to which this menu is attached. So right-click the licenses.licx file in the Solution Explorer and it will appear.

jmarshall

Post by jmarshall » Wed 04 Oct 2006 07:44

Thanks Alexey.

I was mistakenly thinking that "The .licx file is not required when you deploy your web project on server" meant that the licenses.licx file was not required.
Now I realise that this file does not need to be deployed onto the production server.

It works fine now.

Regards,
Justin.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 04 Oct 2006 07:51

Well done.