Problem: profile data is saved but not retrieved from database

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
LVdB

Problem: profile data is saved but not retrieved from database

Post by LVdB » Tue 19 Sep 2006 22:22

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the profile provider. I can create a profile and save it, but when I recall the profile, it does not return any of the new data.

Code: Select all

ProfileCommon aProfile = (ProfileCommon)ProfileCommon.Create(UserName, true);
aProfile.Test = "Test OK!";
aProfile.Save();		

string aTest = Profile.GetProfile(UserName).Test;  // aTest will not be "Test OK!"!
The above works fine with the default MSSQL provider (aTest == "Test OK!'), but with MySQLDirect.NET the default value as defined in web.config is returned.

I can see the correct data in the aspnet_profiles data (it's got 00 bytes in between the text bytes, I assume that's how it is supposed to be stored), but it is apparantly not being read correctly.

I hope you can help. Thanks!

Luc

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 20 Sep 2006 07:15

Send us small test project if possible to reproduce the problem; include definition of your own database objects. Do not use third party components.

LVdB

Post by LVdB » Wed 20 Sep 2006 09:58

Alexey wrote:Send us small test project if possible to reproduce the problem; include definition of your own database objects. Do not use third party components.
I was afraid you were going to say that. It doesn't seem like an enticing choice - this small test project might replicate the problem (but then you could have made it yourself too), or it might not (and then I am still stuck with it).

Isn't there something I can do, something to check, a possible problem area I can investigate?

Thanks,

Luc

LVdB

Post by LVdB » Wed 20 Sep 2006 15:39

Alexey wrote:Send us small test project if possible to reproduce the problem; include definition of your own database objects. Do not use third party components.
Okay, I have sent a small test project, though it halts with a different problem ('ProviderError' when trying Membership.CreateUser()). Hopefully this will help you to track down the problem.

Best regards,

Luc

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 21 Sep 2006 06:37

OK. Look forward to hearing from us soon.

LVdB

Post by LVdB » Mon 25 Sep 2006 12:24

I don't know if this is related, but I remember that when I set up the providers in web.config, I wrote this first:

After a while I noticed that the profiles were being saved and loaded (correctly) from the MSSQL database, because I forgot the defaultProvider tag, so I changed it to use the MySQLDirect provider:

To make sure everthing was in synch, I deleted the MSSQL database, deleted and rebuilt the ASPNET_ tables in MySQL (without any old data), and did a full rebuild of the project.

After that the problem appeared with the profile values being written correctly, but not read.

I doesn't seem to me like this should influence the problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 25 Sep 2006 15:09

We haven't received your project yet. Please send it to me directly (AlexeyI at crlab dot com).

LVdB

Post by LVdB » Fri 29 Sep 2006 13:48

Is there an update on this problem? My evaluation period will be running out soon. I would love to use MySQLDirect.NET but I would rather not spend the +- $200 for it and MySQL Dev Studio if I can't use it on my site.

Thanks,

Luc

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 29 Sep 2006 14:11

Yes. We have fixed this problem. Look forward to the next build.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 11 Oct 2006 15:14

I've just sent you CoreLab.MySql.Web.dll. Please check.