Max allowed packet

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
jcrabtreesla

Max allowed packet

Post by jcrabtreesla » Wed 06 Sep 2006 13:38

I am new to MySQL and I have the following problem; I am trying to import Access tables into my MySQL DB using the Corelab interface. I have exported my files into an .sql file. Then I go to import it into MySQL and get: Error (1,1): Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'. I looked that up and found there is a maximum packet size setting on the db and a command to change that. I tried a new query (which I'm not sure is the right way to perform a system command) with the following: shell> mysql --max_allowed_packet=32M This command should have changed the maximum packet size allowed to allow my import to go through, but I received this on the query: Query1.qry: Error (1,1): You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'shell> mysql --max_allowed_packet=32M
' at line 1

So I'm really not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree, or if I have incorrect syntax or if I'm using the wrong procedure to get the import or to change the max allowed packet size. The .sql file is only about 8MB that I am trying to import. Help.....

Thanks.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 07 Sep 2006 09:54

Make sure you can import data using standard client.

jcrabtreesla

Post by jcrabtreesla » Tue 12 Sep 2006 13:49

I figured out a different way to import using the machine data source. I exported from access directly to the MySQL client. Thanks.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 12 Sep 2006 15:41

Not at all.