Data Source Wizard in Visual Studio 2005

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
brada

Data Source Wizard in Visual Studio 2005

Post by brada » Mon 04 Sep 2006 06:46

The DATA SOURCE Wizard in Visual Studio 2005 fails when selecting the MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider in the CONNECTION MANAGER window.
After selecting MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider and OK it simply drops to the DATA SOURCE wizard.

Configuration is:
Win Serv 2003
SQL Server 2005 with Analysis Services
MySQL on the network somewhere
Installed trial version of MySQLDirect .net.

Objective is to test the above environment to haul data from MySQL into an Analysis Services cube.

Tried running the MySQLDirect .NET DATASET wizard. Works fine till the last step. Selecting the GENERATE button presents the following error message: "THE METHOD OR OPERATION IS NOT IMPLEMENTED". Selecting OK on the message drops back to the wizard.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 04 Sep 2006 09:37

What edition of Visual Studio do you use?
Specify your hardware architecture: x32 or x64?
What is the full version of MySQLDirect .NET you use?
Std, Pro, Mobile?

brada

Post by brada » Mon 04 Sep 2006 13:36

What edition of Visual Studio do you use? VS2005 that comes with Analysis Services (Business Intelligence Development Studio)
Specify your hardware architecture: x32 or x64? x32
What is the full version of MySQLDirect .NET you use? Latest...only downloaded today. MySQLDirect .NET version 3.50 for .NET Framework 2.0
Std, Pro, Mobile? Std (I think)

One other thing I forgot to mention :? ...this is all running under MS Virtual PC (except for the MySQL which is a real server). The virtual machine is visible on the network and works fine. When testing the connection to the MySQL database in the wizard it comes up fine.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 05 Sep 2006 08:53

Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET.
Make sure that MySQLDirect isn't installed and there are no
CoreLab.MySql.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Addin.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Design.dll in GAC.

skommuru

same issue with me

Post by skommuru » Thu 07 Sep 2006 19:11

Hi,

I have the same issue by MysQLDirect.Net data provider in Data Source Wizard of Business Intelligence Studio.

When I used DataSet Wizard in Tools-> MYSQL menu, I am ending up in an error message that this operation og generating dataset is not supported.

When I try to add a new connection in 'Server Explorer' window, it complains that
'An unexpected error occurred in the MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider. Please contact the provider vendor to resolve this problem'.

Any help in this regard is really helpful.

Thanks,
Syamala

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 08 Sep 2006 05:55

Do you have the same configuration as brada?

skommuru

Post by skommuru » Fri 08 Sep 2006 14:06

Yes it is same other than Virtual PC configuration

My configuration is

SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Studio that comes with
Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition (uses .NET Framework 2.0) which is installed with SQL Server 2005 Trial Edition.

I tried same thing with SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition installation which installs same client applications also and resulted in the same problem.

I appreciate very much for your help in this, because this is critical to my project.

Thanks,
Syamala

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 08 Sep 2006 14:14

This could be caused by Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition. The appropriate forum topic is http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3860. Please take a look.

skommuru

SQL Syntax error creating Data Source View in Business Intelligence Studio

Post by skommuru » Wed 13 Sep 2006 20:10

Hi,

Now I got this problem solved by installing Visual Studio Professional Edition Trial Version, but I could not create a Data Source View in Business Intelligence Studio, based on which cubes will be built.

The exact error I am getting is

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[PRESCRIPTION] limit 0,0' at line 2

When I create data source view, it tries to find the relations between the tables chosen from the data source.

I know the problem here is the enclosers ('[' , ']') around the table name which is not accepted by MySQL SQL Syntax.

So I don't know why .Net Data Provider is producing improper syntax. Are there any settings on .Net Data Provider that I need to configure?

I am using MySQL Server 5.0. Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,
Syamala

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 14 Sep 2006 06:19

This problem is connected with Data Source Wizard. We can't change it. You should remove all square brackets manually.