Editing Membership Users and Roles

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
omen

Editing Membership Users and Roles

Post by omen » Tue 29 Aug 2006 13:19

Hi,

Ive got the mySQL membership database setup and i can add users and validate users through my web pages etc but i need to go into the asp.net security configuration and manually add some roles and set directory permissions. When i do this i get this error:

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An exception occurred. Please contact your administrator. at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.CallWebAdminHelperMethod(Boolean isMembership, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] paramTypes) at ASP.security_users_manageusers_aspx.Page_Load() at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.ArglessFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The page beforehand shows the number of users in the database correctly and the rules but clicked on the add/edit of either leaves me with the above error.

I have set the mySql providers on the providers tab and also to Forms security.

Can you tell me what is wrong please?

I am using VS 2005 Express.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 30 Aug 2006 05:51

Please send us your project to reproduce the problem; include definitions of your own database objects. Do not use third party components. Use e-mail address provided in the Readme file.

omen

Sorted it!

Post by omen » Wed 30 Aug 2006 07:57

Had an error in the connection string defined for roles in web.config!

Thanks.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 30 Aug 2006 08:28

Not at all.