How do I install MySQLDirect trial with Visual Web Developer 2005

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL

How do I install MySQLDirect trial with Visual Web Developer 2005

Post by Guest » Mon 28 Aug 2006 11:22

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed MySQLDirect, and I am following this guide to make it work with the trial license:

- Create a text file named licenses.licx.
- Place the text CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql in the file.
- Save the file and add it to a Visual Studio 2005 project.
- Right click on licenses.licx in the VS's Solution Explorer and select "Build --Runtime Licenses" from the context menu.
- This will create a file named App_Licenses.dll in the solution's /bin folder.
- Copy this file to the /bin folder of your application.

But in my Visual Web Developer 2005 context menu there is no tab: "Build --Runtime Licenses".

What do I do? When I try to run a test page without registering as described above, it says: "Sorry, your trial period has expired."

Please help.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 28 Aug 2006 11:42

Are you sure there is no "Build Runtime Licenses" submenu in VWD? (Right-click on licenses.licx file in Solution Explorer).
If so, you should compile license manually. This procedure is described in "Compiling Resource Manually" paragraph of "Licensing" topic of MySQLDirect .NET help documentation.
Besides, "Sorry, your trial period was expired" could not be evoked by the absence of App_Licenses.dll file. Probably your trial period is indeed expired.

torotune

Post by torotune » Mon 28 Aug 2006 12:51

Hi again,

After restarting I now got the tab in the contextmenu and the App_licenses.dll is created in the /bin-folder. :-)
But still I get the message: "Sorry, your trial period has expired." Is it supposed to be working now?

I installed an older version of MySQLDirect some months ago but at that moment I did not have the time for testing it out. Could that be the reason why it now says it has expired?

I really want to buy the product when I have been ensured that I can use it. Is there any possibility that I can renew my trial period for testing the product?

Best regards.
[email protected]

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 28 Aug 2006 13:20

Of course, if you installed MySQLDirect some months ago it is expired.
Did you experienced any difficulties while trying our product? Why 30 days was not enough for you to become acquainted with it?

torotune

Post by torotune » Mon 28 Aug 2006 20:30

Yes, at first I had some difficulties installing it, so I decided to wait migrating to MySQL from Access. But now, when I am about to finish my project, I have to change my database structure to a more efficient one. Therefore I went back trying to make it work with MySQLDirect.net but unfortunately it seems lige the trial has expired.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 29 Aug 2006 07:58

You've been sent second trial version of MySQLDirect. Please perform all needed testing this time because we never issue third trial version.

torotune

Post by torotune » Tue 29 Aug 2006 22:13

Thank you very much, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, after registering and moving the dll-files into the bin-folder of my project, it seems like I can establish a connection through your provider - by coding by hand.

- But I still miss the MySQL Tool box to the left in VWD and especially the DataSet designer / the ability to establish a new MySql-connection through the "Add new database connection"-tab. I can only choose between Access/ODCB/MSSql.

What do I have to do to fully integrate MySQLDirect.NET as shown in your specifications and screenshots?

Best regards.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 30 Aug 2006 06:21

Microsoft Web Developer 2005 Express edition does not allow to work with toolbox at all. Also Express editions don't support extensions. So you need Visual Studio Professional Edition to fully integrate MySQLDirect.NET into it.

torotune

Post by torotune » Fri 01 Sep 2006 12:00

Ah.. okay, that's a shame. :(

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 01 Sep 2006 12:10

Not really. You can use our components in run-time if you want to.