Adding License Manually - please clarify

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Ski

Unfortunately, I can not

Post by Ski » Wed 20 Sep 2006 21:23

Alexey,

I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately the software I am developing is commercial use and my company restricts sending out the source or binary code.

I would like to know why the licensing is so difficult with your demo versions. I have downloaded and installed several other demo packages and successfully tested them with no problem. Nothing more than running a simple windows installer was ever necessary.

I don't mind splash screens during evaluation. I have downloaded, run demos, and purchased several pieces of software in this way.

Regards

Gary Slovikosky

dghundt

Post by dghundt » Wed 20 Sep 2006 23:59

i am using visual studio 2005, C#

I doubt you have to send your actual application source and binaries. You can easily write a small windows form application, try to access a mysql database and reproduce the error, then send that.

Ski

Does this demo work with C++.NET?

Post by Ski » Thu 21 Sep 2006 01:18

I read in the other posts that there is some issues with C++.NET

It is interesting that when I drop the connection object on the form, and enter the Username, Password; I go to select the Database in the properties page and it does show me the entire list of schemas in the MySql Server. This proves that my connection parameters must be correct because it is connecting to show the choice of schemas.

I will try to send the code from my 10 line test program directly.

Regards,

Ski

Ski

VS 2005 attempt

Post by Ski » Thu 21 Sep 2006 02:12

Update on this install.

I do have Visual Studio .NET 2005 on my computer so I decided to install the 2005 version of CoreLab MySQLDirect.

I was able to get this to work by just dropping the mySqlConnection1 object onto the form.

I still do not know why this does not work for VS .NET 2003. Unfortunately all my code is written in C++.NET 2003 per customer request.

Regards,

Ski

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 21 Sep 2006 07:25

I do have Visual Studio .NET 2005 on my computer so I decided to install the 2005 version of CoreLab MySQLDirect. I was able to get this to work by just dropping the mySqlConnection1 object onto the form.
What language did you use here: C# or VC++?
I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately the software I am developing is commercial use and my company restricts sending out the source or binary code.
dghundt was right, you should create the simplest VC++ application (e.g, performing the steps you mentioned in the post from Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 pm) and send us all the files.