How to use the different components to connect, select, insert, update, delete.....

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
admmenden

How to use the different components to connect, select, insert, update, delete.....

Post by admmenden » Mon 14 Feb 2005 20:20

Hi!
I'm new in C#.net and I want to work with MySQL-Database as it seems to be best choice for my project.

Now, I was trying some code and regarded the samples of MySQLDirect I am still a beginner and want to know where I can get some more information of implementing the CorLab-Components in my project.

In the documentation-file there are explained the hirachie of the namespace but the "real" using of the different comps is still a secret for me.

MySQLConnection ->
MySQLDataAdapter OR MySQLDataTable ??? ->

what can I do next?

The first try was a DataTable-object which I could connect to the MySQL-server and connect some DataBindings. OK.

But for the next steps I would like to get some documentation how to do!

Could you help a beginner to use MySQLDirekt?

THANKS

Alexander

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 15 Feb 2005 08:10

I recommend that you take a closer look at "DataSet" example. It shows all aspects of data manipulation that you require.

admmenden

Post by admmenden » Tue 15 Feb 2005 13:13

ok. i did.
is it right that i need a DataTable for each table i want to use?
therefor i need for every table a command?
and then one dataset for all data i want to use?

if this is right, i think i understand how it works.
thanks.

if there is something left i would com back to this posting *gg*

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 15 Feb 2005 13:53

It is advised to have separate DataAdapters (with individual select, insert, update, delete MySqlCommands) for each table.
You don't need to create many DataTable objects: just fill DataSet and use DataSet.Tables property.