Please give me an example

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
geoffHome

Please give me an example

Post by geoffHome » Tue 08 Aug 2006 03:37

I've messed with this product for about 6 months and still have not successfully deployed an application.
I'm not really, really thick but cannot tweak all the things needing tweaking to all coincide with a successfully deployed application.
You might have noticed that I'm pretty frustrated by this stage.

Please don't just suggest I read the documentation cos. even with that I seem to read a different bit every time and never find specifically what I need.

I urgently need assistance as I have invested so much energy to date.

Thanks,

Geoff

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 08 Aug 2006 13:23

Describe in details what problem do you still experience.

If you have problem with Web Providers we can send you sample project which will be included in next version of MySQLDirect .NET.

If you have problem with parameters we're ready to help you with this question.

Post to corresponding threads to continue discussion on these problems.

geoffHome

I'm making some progress but now.....

Post by geoffHome » Wed 09 Aug 2006 02:26

Thanks Serious.
I think I'm getting closer to a solution.
I'll post my complete 'correct' web.config when I'm done!

Now however I'm getting a message that tells me a mySQL table does not exist.
It most definitely does exist as confirmed by using your View/ Component Designer and creating a Connection and a mySQLDataAdapter
with the database on the remote machine (I'm using vs2005)

Any suggestions what might be happening.

Error message: Table 'MYSQLDB_XXXXXX.NewsItem' doesn't exist
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException: Table 'MYSQLDB_XXXXXX.NewsItem' doesn't exist

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 09 Aug 2006 06:56

This error cannot be caused by MySQLDirect .NET. If you can use this table in design-time, you might be able to use it in runtime.

To check if table is available use MySQLDirect .NET design-time features: create MySqlDataAdapter, open its editor, select 'Table Direct' option then select table from combo box. Make sure you can fetch data from the table using 'Preview' button.

If you can use table on developer machine, but cannot use it on target machine examine your MySQL Server configuration, there might be some issues with grants.

geoffHome

Found the problem: Mixed case in naming database tables

Post by geoffHome » Fri 11 Aug 2006 04:41

Obviously a bit of a trap coming from Windows environment to a strict mySQL environment (interestingly no problems working with mySQL on my PC as the test server).

Thanks for your patience with my anger!
Regards,

Geoff :D

geoffHome

I can fix most stuff but still an issue with things like 'ASPNET_USERS' etc.

Post by geoffHome » Fri 11 Aug 2006 08:16

It seems that the Members and Roles features creates code that refers to uppercase table names ('ASPNET_USERS' etc.) so I have problems as these are stored as lowercase table name ('aspnet_users').

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Geoff

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri 11 Aug 2006 08:35

We reproduced your problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next MySQLDirect .NET build.