Anyone actually written a 'real' 3 tier appication in ASP with MySQLDirect.NET?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
davidkennedy

Anyone actually written a 'real' 3 tier appication in ASP with MySQLDirect.NET?

Post by davidkennedy » Wed 02 Aug 2006 13:54

Is there anyone out there that's actually written an ASP application using MySQLDirect.NET that uses ObjectDataSources?
I've contacted everyone in this forum who lists a website or email address. I've had 5 responses and not one of these uses this product in ASP.

Just today I contacted the woman who left her name and number in the forum entry Visual Studio .NET Data Connection. She has been programming in Java for 10 years and tried these tools and just GAVE UP!

I'm hoping that if someone out there really needs to use this capability that we could team up?

Every screen that is supposed to work in manuals and Microsoft examples, doesn't with this product. If I can get someone to steer me through this maize, I'd be happy to write up a fully functional example and record it in stereo in Windows Media Player .wmv to share with others.
Thank you,
David Kennedy
[email protected]
775-885-9125

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 03 Aug 2006 11:48

Please specify what exactly you need or what is the problem.
To write an ASP application using MySQLDirect.NET that uses ObjectDataSource you may simply create a dataset, then create ObjectDataSource object and configure it using created dataset. After this you can add a GridView and set ObjectDataSource as its data source.

davidkennedy

"you may simply create a dataset" = NOT!

Post by davidkennedy » Tue 08 Aug 2006 19:37

I am never able to get the Data Wizard to produce anything. I've tried hundreds of times and now Alexey tells me I need VS.NET Professional???

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 09 Aug 2006 08:01

Currently some MySQLDirect .NET integration features are available only in Professional edition of Visual Studio 2005. We are working to support other editions. You'll be notified on results here on the forum.

If you experience problems with generating DataSets with Table Adapters check if you can use MySQLDirect .NET DataSet Wizard with WindowsApplication/ConsoleApplication/ClassLibrary projects. Then you can import this DataSet to the Web project.