Off topic question regarding Picture example

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
classicmydac

Off topic question regarding Picture example

Post by classicmydac » Fri 28 Jul 2006 12:44

I am adapting the example to suit my own application. Everything is working well. I can get data from our pocket PC devices back to the main server.

I now need to add this project to my main project(This collects data & images). I am struggling understanding adding froms from one project to another.

In Picture Project what makes the connect form appear first and where is the call to close the form & open main form?

Any help appreciated.

SteveW

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 28 Jul 2006 13:10

Code: Select all

connectForm.ShowDialog();
This makes the connect form appear first.
Clicking Connect button (provided correct credentials were specified) closes connect form and returns control to the main form.

classicmydac

Samples

Post by classicmydac » Mon 31 Jul 2006 10:12

Thanks for the help.

As a newbie to VS & C#. I have used your delphi product for a few years. I have found the samples do most of what people require. I presume most newbies do as I do. Find a sample app that does a basic process(eg connect and update MYSQL) then adapt it and add the funcunality to my application.

I have found it difficult and time consuming understanding the Pictures example but can now populate a grid and send the data back to MYSQL server. I think it would be more beneficial if you had some very simple apps that do a specific task then a beginner does not have to work out the other logic within the example.

Hope this helps

Brilliant product keep up the good work.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 31 Jul 2006 11:40

Pictures sample is very simple as it is. What did you not understand?