Database connection error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Dave3283

Database connection error

Post by Dave3283 » Thu 27 Jul 2006 14:34

Can you help me with this? I have installed the new version of MySQLDirect.NET2 (3.50.11.00) Professional Edition.

The migration from 2003 to 2005 was successfully and my app successfully accessed the data on the test database. Then when I moved to the production server I got this error, and I am not familiar with access being tied to the machine name, especially since I am using a user id and password.

oMySqlConn.ConnectionString = "User Id=uuuuuu;Database=dddddd;Host=ssssss;password=pppppp"

The following is the exception detail:

CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException was unhandled
ErrorCode=-2147467259
Message="Host 'odgarrett.xxxxxx.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
Source="CoreLab.MySql"
StackTrace:
at CoreLab.MySql.a0.n()
at CoreLab.MySql.a0.c()
at CoreLab.MySql.b.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, Int32 A_4, String A_5, Int32 A_6, SshOptions A_7, SslOptions A_8)
at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlInternalConnection.Connect(String userId, String password, String host, String database, Int32 port, Int32 connectionTimeout, MySqlProtocol protocol, Boolean compress)
at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlInternalConnection..ctor(ac connectionOptions)
at CoreLab.MySql.a7.a(DbConnectionOptions A_0, Object A_1, DbConnectionBase A_2)
at CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionFactory.a(DbConnectionPool A_0, DbConnectionOptions A_1)
at CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionPool.a()
at CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionPool.GetObject()
at CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionFactory.a(DbConnectionBase A_0)
at CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionClosed.Open(DbConnectionBase outerConnection)
at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection.Open()
at SyncActiTIME.Module1.Get_mySQL_Data(Object sTable, Object sCmd, Object file) in C:\dev\vsp_2005\SyncActiTIME\Module1.vb:line 124
at SyncActiTIME.Module1.Main() in C:\dev\vsp_2005\SyncActiTIME\Module1.vb:line 13
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 27 Jul 2006 15:03

Apply to your mysql database administrator to allow you to connect from that host.

Dave3283

mysql database administrator

Post by Dave3283 » Fri 28 Jul 2006 15:58

In this case I am the mysql database administrator . How do I grant this access?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 31 Jul 2006 07:09

Unfortunately we cannot give you advices in database administration because this exceeds goals of our support.