Errors with VB samples.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
MarkP

Errors with VB samples.

Post by MarkP » Wed 19 Jul 2006 09:38

I am using MySQLDirect Mobile version with visual studio 2005. When I try the samples the C# ones work fine and I get no errors. However I want to use Visual Basic. The samples load ok ut when I click on and form I get lots of errors and the form won't show. All I see is whats below. How can I get the samples working? I am using the trial version but if I can get the VB samples working like the c# ones I will be buyng and using this for my profect. Thanks in advance
One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

The designer cannot process the code at line 127: Me.mySqlConnection.ConnectionString = "User Id=root;Database=test;Host=192.168.0.200;" The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.
Hide Edit

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.CreateQuoteExpression(XmlElementData xmlElement)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.XmlElementData.get_CodeDomElement()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.EndElement(String prefix, String name, String urn)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.Parse(XmlReader reader)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.ParseXml(String xmlStream, CodeStatementCollection statementCollection, String fileName, String methodName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomParser.OnMethodPopulateStatements(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.CodeDom.CodeMemberMethod.get_Statements()
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 19 Jul 2006 10:11

Try to delete \bin, \obj folders and then rebuild the project.

MarkP

Post by MarkP » Wed 19 Jul 2006 10:50

The problem isn't with the building of the application, I get the above errors when I try and view the main form in the form designer.

Anyway, I have deleted the specified folders and the same thing happens.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 20 Jul 2006 06:55

We are fixing this problem. Look forward to the next build.

MarkP

Post by MarkP » Mon 24 Jul 2006 08:43

And when is the next build expected to come out? I am working on a deadline and will look for another product.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 25 Jul 2006 09:01

Zipped samples has been sent to your e-mail address.