Windows XP Pro SP2 shared memory config - how?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Stevod

Windows XP Pro SP2 shared memory config - how?

Post by Stevod » Wed 12 Jul 2006 17:01

I am successfully using TCP to access mySQL on localhost. I have then enabled shared memory by including the lines "shared-memory" and
"shared-memory-base-name=mysql" under the [mysqld] section of the my.ini file, and, following a reboot, checked that shared-memory is ON under the system variables>miscellaneous section of MySQL Administrator. However, when I then run the simple test code below, I get the following message at the myConnection.Open() command:

Can't open shared memory; client could not create request event (2).

How do I properly configure shared memory on the client (VB.NET) and server to make this work?

Many thanks
Stevod

CODE:

Dim myCSB As MySqlConnectionStringBuilder = New MySqlConnectionStringBuilder
myCSB.Protocol = MySqlProtocol.Memory
myCSB.UserId = "test"
myCSB.Password = "password"
myCSB.Direct = False
Dim myConnection As MySqlConnection = New MySqlConnection(myCSB.ConnectionString)
myConnection.Open()
Console.WriteLine(myConnection.ServerVersion)
myConnection.Close()

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 13 Jul 2006 07:01

We are working on this issue. You will be notified on results as soon as possible.

Stevod

Post by Stevod » Fri 14 Jul 2006 08:09

I would be grateful if you would treat this as a high priority, as I first tried to get this working six months ago, without success. However, I am now setting up a production system when the performance gains of shared memory are crucial, and hence I now need shared memory support urgently.

I also see that there is at least one other post from several months ago which raised the same issue.

Thanks
Stevod

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Jul 2006 08:47

Lines of the my.ini file should look like this:

Code: Select all

shared-memory=true
shared-memory-base-name=MYSQL