Problem accessing Linux DB using Stored Procedures / Windows Works Fine!?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
kidkool345

Problem accessing Linux DB using Stored Procedures / Windows Works Fine!?

Post by kidkool345 » Sun 02 Jul 2006 21:56

Hi:

I'm developing a C#.NET web application that will use MySQLDirect.net to access a MySQL database on a Linux system using stored procedures.

I have the identical MySQL database running on Windows without any problems - I can use both mycommand.ExecuteNonQuery and mycommand.ExecuteReader on the Windows System using MySQLDirect.NET

On the Linux box the ExecuteNonQuery works just fine, however I am unable to get any data from the ExecuteReader. (In the debugger I have verified that the connection strings are working!)

This could be caused by me using the wrong commands - or there may be a setting required on the Linux MySQL box before the ExecuteReader will work. (Help!)

I have attached the code that I am using - the ExecuteReader works fine on Windows and it returns data, on Linux it is trapped by the "catch".

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Fred
-----------------------

Code: Select all

public MySqlDataReader memoryctlgetallnew()
        {
            MySqlConnection myConnection = new MySqlConnection();
            myConnection.ConnectionString = "server=90.0.0.26;uid=webserv;pwd=webpass;database=mycsport_dbo;";

MySqlCommand myCommand = new MySqlCommand("memoryctlgetall", myConnection);

myCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

try
            {
                myConnection.Open();
                return  myCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection);
            }
            catch
            {
                return null;
            };

}

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 03 Jul 2006 06:59

What is the full version of your MySql database on Linux.
And what is the text of the exception you get? When do you get it?

kidkool345

Problem Solved

Post by kidkool345 » Mon 03 Jul 2006 17:06

Alexey:

While answering your questions I "tripped" upon the results. Some of my stored procedures had the table names in upper case and some were in lower case. (The tables themselves are all in lower case)

So: The stored procedures all worked fine on Windows since it doesn't care about case. When I called stored procedures that referenced the tables in uppercase I had problems!

Thanks for your help!

Fred

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 04 Jul 2006 06:39

I see. It was next to impossible for us to figure this out.

kidkool345

Post by kidkool345 » Tue 04 Jul 2006 13:39

Alexey:

This was a tricky one for me too especially since some SP's worked and some did not!

Yesterday I was going to post both the class lib and source code and I'm sure that you would have found it immediately!

For now I'm all set - since the system will use a Linux host I will always connect to a Linux MySQL server during development so some of these case sensitive typos don't sneek into the code!

Thanks for your help - it put me on the right direction to solving the problem!

Fred

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 12 Jul 2006 07:22

You are welcome.