New Install doesn't seem to register correctly (Pro 3.50.10)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
MrBishop

New Install doesn't seem to register correctly (Pro 3.50.10)

Post by MrBishop » Wed 28 Jun 2006 17:15

Hi,
I've been using the Trial and decided it was time to purchase. So, I purchase and download the Pro version.

Closed VS 2005, uninstalled the Trial version, and installed the Pro version. After restarting VS, I find that CoreLab.MySql isn't in the GAC. I restart, it still isn't there. I uninstall MySQLDirect, restart, reinstall, restart. It still isn't in the GAC. Also, none of the MySql Gui tools are available; they aren't added to the Toolbox automatically, and aren't available from the list of components.

I am able to use MySQLDirect by referencing the .dll directly, but this isn't really satisfactory.

Any help?
Michael

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop » Wed 28 Jun 2006 18:47

I should mention that if I browse to the c:\windows\assembly folder, I do see CoreLabs.MySQL there, but it never shows up in the Add Assembly->GAC window in Visual Studio. I installed another product (NUnit) earlier, and didn't have to do anything special to get it to show up in Visual Studio's GAC window.

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop » Wed 28 Jun 2006 19:17

Ok, nevermind, I was in a hurry to get it installed and ran the wrong installer (for pre-2.0). Uninstalled, ran the correct installer, and now everything seems fine.