License and Console Application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
casey12416

License and Console Application

Post by casey12416 » Mon 26 Jun 2006 20:58

Hello,

I have tried to follow the instruction on manually adding a license to a console-based application. I have attempted the following.

I first created the licenses.licx file and it's locate in the same directory as the CoreLab Mysql Dll file is.

I edited the file to contain the information require.

I added the file to my project so that it appears in my solution explorer under it's own heading. (Ie, it's not in the SRC or INC headings).

Here's where I'm failing. I look under the properties of the newly added file and I couldn't locate the embedded resource option.

I have also tried adding the file as a 'resource' under the resource view column but it looks like I'm going the wrong direction.

As ridiculous as it sounds, can you provide me step by step instructions to adding the license to a console based application using VC++ 2003 and .net 1.2 (or whatever that version, it's not 2). I'm fairly new to coding so which I'm asking in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Casey Stout
[email protected]

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 27 Jun 2006 08:55

It is known VC++ issue.
You have to compile license resource manually. To do that please read "Licensing" topic of MySQLDirect .NET help documentation.

casey12416

Embeddling the License

Post by casey12416 » Tue 27 Jun 2006 15:17

I have followed the directions to manual create the license file, however I need instructions on how to add into my VC 2003 project as a embedded resource.

Can you please explain this to me.

Thanks in advance.

Casey

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 29 Jun 2006 08:10

To do this, go back to Visual Studio, right-click the project, select properties, and go to the Linker/Command Line option. Enter the following:

/ASSEMBLYRESOURCE:Debug\DbTable.exe.licenses

Please check that resulting exe file have resource by name
DbTable.exe.licenses inside.