Table.AcceptChanges?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
mscott

Table.AcceptChanges?

Post by mscott » Tue 20 Jun 2006 05:20

I converted to MySqlDirect about a week ago from using the open source MySql .NET driver because I needed the SSL connection support.

I had built up a nice datalayer used all throughout the app. In querying for a DataTable, it would create a DataAdapter, fill the DataSet and then pull Table(0) back in the result.

Previously, I was able to take that table and change values in it... and when I wanted to save them, I would just call DataTable.AcceptChanges().

That function in the previous drivers actually syncs changes to the database. But in MySqlDirect nothing happens... only the rowstates are changed.. as if something was saved to the database. Doesn't it seem like AcceptChanges() should sync with the database to be consistent with other ADO.NET implementations?

Matthew Scott

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 20 Jun 2006 06:32

AcceptChanges() method doesn't sync changes to the database. Use Update() method instead. For more information refer to MSDN or MySQLDirect .NET help documentation.