License not found after switching from Framework 2.0 dll down to 1.1

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
mscott

License not found after switching from Framework 2.0 dll down to 1.1

Post by mscott » Tue 13 Jun 2006 02:32

I originally downloaded and installed the framework 2.0 capatible driver, however, now I'm being told we need to deliver our app under 1.1.

The driver worked fine under 2.0, and I completely uninstalled it, before installing the new 1.1 version.

I deleted the old license.licx file from 2.0 and created a form to drag in a new MySqlConnection object. This successfully re-created the license.licx file. And I can setup all the properties to connect successfully to my database (using a MySqlCommand and MySqlDataTable on the form)

However, I need this to work as a library (formless), and when I manually create the MySqlConnection object in my code, it exceptions when I call MySqlConnection.Open() with:

"License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support."

I've gone over and over through the documentation and tried several things, but cannot seem to make this work.

The contents of my license.licx file are:

CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.50.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701

Any ideas?
Matthew Scott

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 13 Jun 2006 07:19

Please send us your assembly to reproduce the bug.

mscott

Post by mscott » Wed 14 Jun 2006 04:30

I sent a zipped set of compiled assemblies and the source code to: [email protected]

Is that correct?

Matt

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 14 Jun 2006 06:19

Yes. Finally all you sent will reach my mailbox as well.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 14 Jun 2006 11:33

To create class libraries that can be used with certain executable files, create a text file named licenses.config and place it next to licenses.licx. In this file enumerate names of executable files that will work with the library, every file name on separate line, for example:
MyApplication.exe
MyAnotherApp.exe
ExtraTool.exe

Make sure licenses.licx file contains the following string:
"CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql".