ApplicationName Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
TillmanZ

ApplicationName Issues

Post by TillmanZ » Mon 12 Jun 2006 11:13

Hi!

I am using mySQL as membership provider and everything works fine when using my local IIS and when using the VS2005 built-in test-server.
But now I deployed my solution to the production server and even though I have configured the applicationname of the virtualdirectoy in the IIS settings, it still does a select with applicationname='/'. Obviously that leads to login-problems since all user profiles are stored with the actual applicationname.
As a quick fix I just changed the userprofiles' appname in the aspnet_users table but that leads to login problem from my local and the VS webserver.
I tried to play around with the machine.config and have inserted the applicationname there - no change.
Then I tried to put in the applicationname attribute into the web.config (provider string) but then I will get an error that "applicationname" is an unknown attribute and the site fails completely.

I hope you can help me!

Best regards,

Tillman

P.S. is the square-bracket problem fixed? So that I can use the VS2005 data-source wizard with mysqlnetpro?

TillmanZ

Post by TillmanZ » Mon 12 Jun 2006 16:19

Solved the issue by putting

Membership.ApplicationName = "/MyAppName";

Into the Load event of the Login.aspx page.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 13 Jun 2006 06:56

The "square-bracket" problem is not fixed yet.