Product evaluation hassles

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL

Product evaluation hassles

Post by Guest » Wed 12 Jan 2005 17:41

I posted a message yesterday about the lack of product documentation, and as a consequence, another message about not having a clue how to use shared memory connections.

While I understand that people on the dotnet MySQL mailing list don't reply because it's a free product, I'm puzzled that no one at CoreLab bothered with these messages since I'm evaluating their product and I won't be able to buy if I couldn't get it to work or read its docs.

I appreciate it if anyone from CoreLab answered those messages.

Oleg
Devart Team

Re: Product evaluation hassles

Post by Oleg » Thu 13 Jan 2005 16:10

You can download trial version of MySQLDirect .NET and learn a documentation.
MySQLDirect .NET Trial is available for download at http://www.crlab.com/mysqlnet/mysqlnet.msi

Shared memory access not working

Post by Guest » Thu 13 Jan 2005 19:55

The documentation says that the protocl connection string property should accept the values TCP, Pipe, and Memory. When the I specifiy "Protocol=Memory" in the connection string, I get:

Unhandled Exeption: Wrong or unknown protocol

This is a code snippet:

Code: Select all

MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection("server=localhost;user id=myuid; password=mypwd; database=mydb; protocol=memory;");
MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand(String.Format("select * from sometable where rowno >= {0} limit {1}", startrow, pagesize), conn);
conn.Open();
MySqlDataReader rdr = cmd.ExecuteReader();
It's bombing on ExecuteReader(). If I remove "protocol=memory" from the connection string, it works fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

I really need to get that shared memory access working to avoid the overhead of the loopback TCP stack.

Thanks!

Oleg
Devart Team

Re: Shared memory access not working

Post by Oleg » Fri 14 Jan 2005 09:15

This question has already been discussed in the forum.
Please see topic: Shared Memory connections.