problem creating TableAdapter in dataset file

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
vbdotnetboy

problem creating TableAdapter in dataset file

Post by vbdotnetboy » Sun 04 Jun 2006 15:03

Hi, I just downloaded the trial version to see if I would like to buy your product and I'm already running into problems.

In VS2005 I add a DataSet.xsd file to my project and add a TableAdapter. I create a query which I have a where condition using a parameter. When I first created it I used a question mark ?, which was changed to
:PARAM1. When I went to execute the query to test it I get the following error message.

SQL Execution Error.

Executed SQL statement: SELECT id, model, price, make_id, build_year, used, featured FROM motorcycl_inv WHERE (used = :PARAM1)
Error Source: CoreLab.MySql
Error Message: Invalid index -1 for this Parameters.

used is a TINYINT, and all I did was enter a 0 or 1 when it asked for the parameter to be filled in. If I don't add the parameter and just put in 0 or 1 for the where condition it works fine. So am I missing something here???

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Jun 2006 08:56

What version of MySQLDirect do you use? We can't reproduce this problem. Please send your DataSet.xsd file and your table definition for investigation.