Problems Updating Update Query in DB EXplorer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
dbradshaw

Problems Updating Update Query in DB EXplorer

Post by dbradshaw » Wed 05 Jan 2005 09:45

I am having some difficulties in executing update queries from the DBExplorer tool from within VS.NET.

I am using MySQL 4.1.8, MySQLDirect.Net 2.70.1 pro.

Having installed MySql and added a table (with a single column) to the test database (installed with MySQL) using DBExplorer I was able to update, insert and delete records as either of my two users ('testusernopass' and 'testuser', who have passwords 'pass' and '' respectively).

However having closed the connection (by closing DBExplorer) and reopening it, performing a Retrieve and then trying to perform update operations I get different results. When using the user 'testusernopass' I can perform updates however when connecting with user 'testuserpass' and supplying the correct password 'pass' I get an error "Access denied for user 'testuserpass'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

Having performed the above operations whilst sniffing the data passed between VStudio and MySQL I see that the initial conversation when opening a new connection (which seems to happen just before an Update query is executed) is different than when the initial connection is opened for a SELECT. I assume that the password is not being supplied.

Can anyone help (I have a word document detailing the data tx and rx'd if it will help). I have not event tried using the tool programatically yet and am unlikely to until the user interface presents the results I expect.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Wed 12 Jan 2005 14:45

We have fixed this problem. Bug fix will be available in the next release of MySQLDirect.

Post by Guest » Thu 13 Jan 2005 16:42

Thanks. Do you know when the release will be? I will continue testing using no password.

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Fri 14 Jan 2005 09:48

New build of MySQLDirect .NET with this bug fix will be available in a week.