using .net data provider in web forms

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Raffael casagrande

using .net data provider in web forms

Post by Raffael casagrande » Thu 30 Dec 2004 10:55

When I add a Mysqldataadapter and a mysqlconnection in the design mode, they don't work. They even not work if I start the programm in the browser. But in the normal windows form they work(not in a asp page). I do the following steps in the designer to show a data table in a datagrid:

1. I add a new MySqlConnection and add the connection-parameters. This works and I can connect to the database.
2. I add a new MySqlDataAdapter. Then I click right on it and chose "Configure Data Adapter..."
3. I write the select command in the text field, click on preview and choose in the following window the mysqlconnection which I want to use for the DataAdapter. I can see now a preview of the table, so it works.
4. I close the window and click right on the DataAdapter -> Generate Dataset -> I chose now the table which I defined in the configuration with the select command.
5. I have now a dataset and I click right on the dataAdapter -> Fill Dataset -> I choose the dataset.
6. I add a new datagrid on the web form and relate it with the dataset. I can know see the headers column with the title of each column as it is in the database. But there is nothing in there. I can't see any datarows. When I show the page in the browser there is nohthing too.

I use vb.net 2003 with the framework 1.1.
English is not my mother language, but I hope you understand it.

Oleg
Devart Team

Re: using .net data provider in web forms

Post by Oleg » Wed 05 Jan 2005 13:58

Please see our Web demo project and if you have any problems with it please write to our support email.