VWD Design View

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
jmoram

VWD Design View

Post by jmoram » Fri 14 Apr 2006 19:46

I've installed the version 3.5 (beta) of MySqlDirect and have tried using it with VWD.

I've been reading through some previous posts in this forum. Is it possible to use the MySqlDirect tools with VWD in design view? If not, will I at least be able to create a connection manually, then set the DataSource property of VWD controls (e.g. GridView) to the MySqlDirect connection string? If so, I'll go ahead and order it.

Thanks,

Jay

jmoram

Post by jmoram » Sat 15 Apr 2006 16:05

I've managed to get the connections working by adding them manually. It works okay on my local development server, but not when I upload it to the production server.

From the other posts I've read, I understood that I could just add CoreLabs.MySql.dll to the bin directory of the project on the production server, but I get the message "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

Is this a licensing issue with the trial version, or have I missed a step?

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Apr 2006 06:45

You have to add information about MySQLDirect .NET data provider into machine.config file under "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG" folder. Add it to section, e.g.:

Code: Select all

jmoram

Post by jmoram » Fri 21 Apr 2006 17:43

So does MySqlDirect need to be installed on the production server? I'm developing a project and uploading to an ISP's server. Do they just need to add those tags to the machine.config file, or do they need to install MySqlDirect as well?

Thanks,

Jay

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 25 Apr 2006 11:12

MySqlDirect doesn't need to be installed on the production server. Editing machine.config file should be enough.