MySqlDirect.NET v. 3.50 beta, VS2003 - Joins pane is buggy

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
andreim

MySqlDirect.NET v. 3.50 beta, VS2003 - Joins pane is buggy

Post by andreim » Wed 12 Apr 2006 13:53

Tools -> Core Lag MySql Developer Tools -> New Query. Then drag a couple of tables onto the Design pain and try joining the tables using the pane below with Joins tab selected. I get a very buggy behaviour on that pane - new line is added, the grid becomes unstable, errors are thrown.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 13 Apr 2006 06:56

Please describe in detail your problem: what exactly is unstable, which errors are thrown, what line is added?
What version of Core Lag MySql Developer Tools do you use? Try to download the latest one from our site.

andreim

Post by andreim » Thu 13 Apr 2006 14:19

I use:
Core Lab MySQL Developer Tools 1.70 beta
MySqlDirect.NET v3.5 beta
VS2003

Here are the steps:
1. Click Create New Query icon
2. Drag any two tables you want to join onto the Design pane
3. Click Joins tab
4. Click in the Left Field column of the first (the only) row
5. Click on the arrow of the drop down box
6. Select a desired value from the drop down. THAT IS WHERE BUG ACTS UP: A second line is added already, but the Right Field's value is not selected yet.
7. I'm trying to select a value from the dropdown box of for the Right Field.
(At this point both checkboxes for Unmatched in the second row are filled with color (green on my machine), not selected though). I'm clicking on an appropriate selection for the join. A third row is added, the second row is highlighted, none of the Unmatched boxes are highlighted, the focus is on the second row's Right Field dropdown. Even though the first row appears correctly, there is no relationship connection showing in the top page between the two tables.
8. Click on Text - the query doesn' t reflect the join. Back to Design - the second row is highlighted. Checkboxes in the second and third rows are highlighted.
9. Clicking on the checkboxes throws errors. (Object reference not set to an intance..., followed by NullReferenceException).

I went back and started all over. When I select a value for the Left Field, a row is added. I select another value from the Left Field - that causes a row to be added each time.

The same happens if I start my selections for the Right Field.

Good luck fixing the bug.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Fri 14 Apr 2006 08:56

6. Select a desired value from the drop down. THAT IS WHERE BUG ACTS UP: A second line is added already, but the Right Field's value is not selected yet.
Automatic new line adding is the correct behaviour. Query builder clears incomplete lines when you modify diagram.
9. Clicking on the checkboxes throws errors. (Object reference not set to an intance..., followed by NullReferenceException).
Sorry, but we could not reproduce this problem. What is your operating sytem?