Your trial period has expired?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
ravnwolf

Post by ravnwolf » Thu 25 May 2006 01:59

I'm having the same problem. Just downloaded the 3.50 trial for 2.0 Framework. When I try to create a connection using the Data Sources wizard, I get the same error when I attempt to test the connection. Don't tell me to make a project, because that won't do me any good if I can't create a connection!

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 25 May 2006 06:40

To understand the problem we really need said project. Please create one with MySqlConnection component, compile it and send (all sources and executable file).

ravnwolf

Post by ravnwolf » Thu 25 May 2006 11:04

I don't think you guys seem to understand. I can't create one with the MySqlConnection component. Everytime you try to drop ANY of the MySql components onto a form, you get the error message about the license. I mean, if you want, I can create a simple form, drop the MySqlConnection component on it, let it error out (meaning I can't set any of the connection string information), build the project and send it to you.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 25 May 2006 11:07

Yes please. We would be very happy.

caspar

Trial expired after 1st day of installation

Post by caspar » Sat 27 May 2006 14:55

I'm having a similar problem. Yesterday the trial version worked perfectly, today I returned to the project at hand and the MySQLDirect library complained that it has expired. So it worked for one day and then it stopped.

I can provide the code and binaries for the project, but since this trial was downloaded for evaluation purposes I have to admit that an issue like this doesn't increase the level of confidence in the product. Let me know where I can send the information to and I hope the issue turns out to be a minor problem.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 29 May 2006 06:15

Please send sources and binaries to the address provided in the readme file.

Trial problem--resolved ??

Post by guest » Fri 02 Jun 2006 09:12

Has this been resolved yet ?

Is the current download working ?

REgards GRaham

GEORGE_GR

Post by GEORGE_GR » Fri 02 Jun 2006 10:50

Actually, the license problem stays to present day.

I had purchased MySQLDirect .NET Mobile connector a few months ago and today I decide to try the new version of MySQLDirect .NET for PCs.

There are two LICENSE specific problems I met:

1. In design mode.

When I'm trying to make a connection by MySQL Connection control it throws the message "Sorry, your trial period has expired"

2. In run-time mode.

When I'm trying to make a connection in the code and running the application it throws an exception "Lisence not found".

I guess it's a builing problem because the very old version of MySQLDirect .NET connector for VS.NET 2003 that I had downloaded about 4-5 months ago works properly.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 13 Jun 2006 07:40

Do you still experience said problems?
Have you read "Sorry, your trial period has expired ?"
"sticky" topic (http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4801)?
Please take a look.