3.5 beta from today - still not possible to use server explorer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
techman

3.5 beta from today - still not possible to use server explorer

Post by techman » Fri 31 Mar 2006 13:27

... and still no valid datasets for the rdlc.

In the server explorer its not possible to chose mysql as datasource, just the standardvalues like microsoft sql, odbc, access blablabla

what is the problem here?

techman

Post by techman » Fri 31 Mar 2006 14:17

and the datasets are still not valid for the reporting services.

very well done

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 03 Apr 2006 08:59

Do you use Professional version or Standard one?

techman_

Post by techman_ » Mon 03 Apr 2006 09:11

Standard

ok got it, want to buy the pro version, any upgrade possibilities? or do i have to pay another 150 €?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 03 Apr 2006 09:36

Data Designer Extensibility support that implements needed features will be included in the next build of standard edition.

t-man

Post by t-man » Mon 03 Apr 2006 09:55

if you have a workaround to get these datasets working in the rdlc-designer ill be happy enough :)

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 03 Apr 2006 14:39

We tested ReportViewer component and may say that it works fine with datasets created either by Data Source Configuration Wizard or by our MySQLDirect .NET DataSet Wizard.
So please describe in detail your problem.
Also please send us small test project if possible to reproduce the problem; it is desirable to use 'test' schema objects, otherwise include definition of your own database objects. Do not use third party components.

techman

Post by techman » Mon 03 Apr 2006 15:41

Hi Alexey,

the datasets created with the MySQLDirect-Wizard are not shown as datasources in the Reports->Add DataSource Wizard. I just have the choice between the datasets created by DDEX (Oracle and mssql).

I have several datasets in my project. Oracle works fine, mssql works fine (both integrated vs2005/.net 2.0 clients/drivers) but mysql is not shown.

Dont know why, I try to create a testproject asap and send it to your mailadress.

Maybe you can tell me the "way" to create a dataset as you did.

techmanathome

Post by techmanathome » Mon 03 Apr 2006 19:31

Hi,

i just created a test project and sent it to your mailadress.

Just for the record, i created the dataset as follows:

Drag a mysqlconnection to the form, fill out the req. fields. Dragged an adapter on the form and configured it, table direct. Generated dataset after that.

Dragged reportviewer to the form and chose new report. As the blank report opens i went to the report, add datasource menu and dont see the dataset.

this all on a fresh installed machine.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 04 Apr 2006 06:54

I haven't got your mail yet, but I'll receive it soon.
Now I'll try to describe what i do. Assuming i perform all your steps and blank report opens. If so, i can choose Data --> Show Data Sources menu item. Dataset generated earlier should be visible in appeared window, so that i can drag items from the fields list (Dataset --> Table --> Fields) and drop them onto the report.
Can't you see your dataset in Data Sources window?

techman

Post by techman » Tue 04 Apr 2006 07:46

I see those datasets in the datasource-view of visual studio, but they dont appear in the dropdown of the reportdesigner.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 05 Apr 2006 12:12

We performed following steps when testing MySQLDirect .NET with ReportViewer component:
1. Generate dataset using MySqlDataAdapter's "Generate DataSet" verb (refer to the MySqlDataAdapter design-time features) or MySQLDirect .NET DataSet Wizard (not available in standard edition).
2. Drag items from the "Data Sources" window onto the report designer.
We found no problem when using reports in this way. Note that DDEX integration is not required here.

We think you're trying to use DDEX integration, which is not available in the current build. Check if you can use ReportViewer when performing steps provided.

techmanwithoutreports

Post by techmanwithoutreports » Wed 05 Apr 2006 13:36

Yeah ok, that works - but try to display the report. You get an error message!

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 05 Apr 2006 13:55

Please specify the error message.