ASP.NET Identity 2 Login Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
dangerdarren

ASP.NET Identity 2 Login Error

Post by dangerdarren » Fri 04 Nov 2016 09:35

Hi - I really hope someone can help me out...

I am trying to use ASP.NET Identity 2, with EntityFramework using MySQL dotConnect...getting some really weird behavior. I went though the setup just as Devart's instructions say. I am able to register a user no problem, however, when use the SignInManager to log a user in, it throws a concurrency exception at me. When a user enters the wrong password, behavior is as expected, but when they enter the correct password, I get the following exception.
Store update, insert, or delete statement affected an unexpected number of rows (0)
Line that causes the problem:

Code: Select all

var result = await SignInManager.PasswordSignInAsync(strEmail, strPassword, bRememberMe, shouldLockout: true);
Hopefully someone can help!

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: ASP.NET Identity 2 Login Error

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 09 Nov 2016 11:42

We could not reproduce the issue. Please create and send us a test project which reproduces the issue.

You can archive your project and upload it to our ftp server (ftp://ftp.devart.com/, credentials: anonymous/anonymous ) or to any file exchange server so that we could download it from there. You can send us the password to the archive via our contact form.

kstough93

Post by kstough93 » Sat 18 Mar 2017 23:55

I am having this same problem, only with an addtorole call:

var result1 = UserManager.AddToRole(user.Id, "Admin");

I am using MySQL 5.7.17 and the latest dotConnect driver 8.8.862.

The user create call:

var chkUser = UserManager.Create(user, userPWD);

succeeds, but then fails on the AddToRole. I have this issue currently with two different applications. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 21 Mar 2017 16:04

Please try using the "Found Rows=true;" connection string option. Refer to viewtopic.php?t=28529#p97236.

Does this help?