Verification Check of Remote Certificate Failed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Jared_

Verification Check of Remote Certificate Failed

Post by Jared_ » Thu 14 Jul 2016 14:12

Hi,

I have an instance on Amazon and I'm trying to connect to their MySQL RDS using SSL.
I have a database user that requires SSL and is granted permission to use all databases.

My database connection string looks something like this:
"User Id=UserName;Password=Password;Host=HostName;Protocol=SSL;Database=DatabaseName;SSL CA Cert=C:\\rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem;Ping Interval=10;Pooling=True;Port=3306"

I get "SSL connection error (2026): Verification check of remote certificate failed."

However, it works when I connect directly to MySQL:
mysql -h hostname --ssl-ca=C:\\rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem --ssl-verify-server-cert -u UserName -p

Amazon's documentation tells me to connect by downloading and specifying the ssl-ca public key.

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/la ... SSLSupport (under Using SSL with a MySQL DB Instance)

I'm using dotConnect for MySQL version 8.6.667.0

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance,
Jared

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Verification Check of Remote Certificate Failed

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 20 Jul 2016 14:52

Sorry for the late response. We are investigating the issue, and we will post here when we get any results.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 05 Oct 2016 13:38

We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 06 Oct 2016 15:48

We have fixed the bug with checking an SSL certificate when connecting to Amazon MySQL.

The fix was added in the last moment before releasing the build, and it wasn't added to the build announce. We will add them into the announce of the next build, however they are already available since the build 8.6.753.

dotConnect for MySQL 8.6.753 can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).