Are there step-by-step tutorials

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
katiebird

Are there step-by-step tutorials

Post by katiebird » Tue 21 Mar 2006 17:09

for newbies like me who can't seem to make the leap from the samples to doing each step for myself?

The thing is I haven't been able to use any of the visual tools for ADO stuff because I work with MySQL and the .NET connector from mysql.com doesn't provide them.

I've looked at the samples provided with your download, but I'm not sure what order to do things or if I'm missing something.

I would love to make this work for my project. Thanks.

katiebird

I just don't understand

Post by katiebird » Tue 21 Mar 2006 21:19

What to do with each visual component. Which order to add the, and what to fill in where. I've been looking through the documentation. But, it has code listings (which is nice) but not screen shots for visual development. (feeling dumb today)

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 22 Mar 2006 09:49

To begin with MySQLDirect .NET design-time support place MySqlConnection component onto a form designer. Configure it.

Then create any additional components you need. To become familiar with components use various design-time editors (e.g. MySqlDataAdapter editor). To invoke design-time editors right-click on the components in your form, or focus on a component and launch a verb (usually located in Properties toolwindow, looks like a URL).

When you're done investigating components creating and configuring stage refer to MySQLDirect .NET demo projects for the components usage practices.

danzman

Post by danzman » Thu 20 Apr 2006 02:12

I am a new VS2005 c# studio developer and would like to see the following examples as starting point:
1. The web form must contain input text boxes e.g. like your web sample.
2. 3 Buttons that will insert, update, delete rows respectively.
3. A grid that shows the table.

An explanation on why a certain method/function/procedure is selected and what they do in the application.

Thanks

danzman

Post by danzman » Thu 20 Apr 2006 04:09

Oops, I am sorry I ask this again. I remember that at one time I asked for this and got a reply that they will not provide a tutorial on their products and how they are used. If you look at the thread in this forum, you will find the response I got and to quote: "More complex ASP .NET demos or tutorials are not supposed to be included in our product..."

Sorry, CoreLab, I will not ask for this again!

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 20 Apr 2006 08:51

At this moment we cannot provide additional ASP.NET demo projests with accompanying documentation.
We plan to extend ASP.NET samples in next versions of our product. Please specify what functionality should be included in these projects to cover our customers needs. We'll consider your suggestions and possibly implement them in next versions.

danzman

Post by danzman » Thu 20 Apr 2006 14:03

I have mentioned the things I need to do in the previous posting under this thread. Most of the users of the MySQLDirect come from various platforms and are now getting acquainted with the DotNet technology. I have always admired your effort in my first use of MyDAC VCLs. My business horizon has expanded from desktop applications into web-based client server applications. I consider myself a newbie when it comes to VS2005 C# and the MySQLDirect.

If I may suggest, as in the previous thread, the sample web application must be able to do updates, inserts and deletes with an explanation of why methods are used. Since you have programmers across the world using your components I think we can have the sample expanded by others. This should bolster your sales and also your status as a prime and supportive supplier.

I hope I have given you enough materials to think of.

:D Danzman