using v8.3.407 license issue in VS2015

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
emp51302

using v8.3.407 license issue in VS2015

Post by emp51302 » Wed 27 Jan 2016 16:25

Hi I have an old license for v8.3.407 working in an ASP.NET web application. It works great in VS2013. I now have VS2015, where in the web app compiles fine, but I am unable to debug in VS2015. It says:

Code: Select all

Assembly is not licensed to use dotConnect for MySQL.
Please correct license information.
Is there a way I can fix the license issue in VS2015 without upgrading to the latest version of dotConnect for MySQL? I tried looking at intructions/example @ https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/db2/d ... tml#manual but I don't understand how I can fix it in VS2015.

Please advise.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: using v8.3.407 license issue in VS2015

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 28 Jan 2016 15:46

Visual Studio 2015 passes parameters to lc.exe differently than older Visual Studio versions. Starting with dotConnect for MySQL 8.3.422, we have taken these differences into account and correctly process parameters, passed by Visual Studio 2015.

In order to use Visual Studio 2015 you need dotConnect for MySQL 8.3.422 or higher, or to compile license resources manually.

The license resource can be compiled in the following way:
1. Create a text file named licenses.licx and enter the following text inside the licenses.licx file:
Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, Devart.Data.MySql

2.Generate the license resource file using the following command line:
"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe /target:MyApplication.exe /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\Devart.Data.MySql.dll"
Where:

- %Compiler Path% is the path to the appropriate lc.exe file (for example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin);
- MyApplication.exe is the name of your target executable file;
- licenses.licx is your licenses.licx file;
- %Assembly Path% is the Devart.Data.MySql.dll assembly location.

3. The License compiler will generate the 'MyApplication.exe.licenses' resource file;
4. Add this file to your project as an embedded resource and rebuild the project.

For more information about how to compile license resource manually, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... ml#compile