System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
ryanmhubbard

System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.

Post by ryanmhubbard » Mon 13 Mar 2006 17:35

I setup a simple 1 table GridView in ASP.NET 2.0. I had VS generate the UPDATE, INSERT command on the gridview. But when I attempt to update or insert a record i get an System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported error. I tried switching to a DetailsView and switching databases but no good. I'm using

MySQL 5.0.19nt
MySQLDirect .NET version 3.50 beta

I get the following debug information:

[NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.]
CoreLab.MySql.z.a(DbType A_0) +133
CoreLab.MySql.MySqlParameter.set_DbType(DbType value) +10
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.InitializeParameters(DbCommand command, ParameterCollection parameters, IDictionary exclusionList) +514
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteUpdate(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues) +267
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Update(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +78
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleUpdate(GridViewRow row, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean causesValidation) +1215
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +858
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +95
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +117
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 14 Mar 2006 12:41

We have reproduced the problem. Now we are investigating it.
To solve the problem right now perform the following steps:
1. Go to the UpdateQuery property of the SqlDataSource component by clicking "..." in Properties window.
2. In "Command and Parameter Editor" click on "Show advanced properties" link.
3. Choose any column from the "Parameters:" listbox by simply clicking on it and in "Properties:" listbox correct its type to actual.
As you can see, the problem is that the type by default is "Object".

ryanmhubbard

Post by ryanmhubbard » Tue 14 Mar 2006 14:26

That worked great thank you. Is the bug in the drivers or the developer tools?

Currently I'm using:
MySQLDirect .NET version 3.50 beta
MySQL Developer Tools for VS 2005 1.70 beta

If it's in the driver will downgrading to the stable 3.20 version fix it? I know my next question is a difficult one to answer but will the bug be addressed in the next release and is there an approx date for this release?

Thanks alot for your assistance

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 15 Mar 2006 07:57

MySqlDirect 3.20 doesn't support DataSource component (so you cannot perform same steps on 3.20).
We are going to make new release with the bug addressed this week.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Wed 21 Jun 2006 13:29

Does the same bug exist in OraDirect 3.50.9?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 23 Jun 2006 09:24

This bug should not exist in OraDirect .NET 3.50.9 provided that correct UpdateCommand specified.

Shivani

Upgraded to 5.0 - Getting error - System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported

Post by Shivani » Sat 15 Jul 2006 02:06

I am running into a similar situation. I just upgraded from 4.1 to 5.0. I am getting the error running my old webpages. It throws the messageSystem.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
I am not very clear on the steps you specified to resolve these. Could you plesae state them again.
This is a production website so I would appreciate if you could reply soon.

Shivani

Exact code which is giving problem.

Post by Shivani » Sat 15 Jul 2006 17:25

This is the exact code. I am using Corelab.mysql but this is giving an error -Specfic format is not supported. ANY HELP?

string query = "select testcount from features f where f.mid = 14" ;

DataSet dssp;
dssp = new DataSet();
adsp = new MySqlDataAdapter(query, res.connQR);
adsp.Fill(dssp,"data");

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Jul 2006 08:44

This problem has been fixed. What version of our product do you use?

shivani

Post by shivani » Mon 17 Jul 2006 17:16

Version 2.70.1.0

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 18 Jul 2006 06:30

Try to use the latest version.