About MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider 3.50 Beta

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
LostPassword

About MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider 3.50 Beta

Post by LostPassword » Fri 10 Mar 2006 16:12

I have 3.20.x installed on my computer and 2 production applications using this driver to connect to MySQL 5.0 / 4.1.x.
Also currently I am developing 2 new apps, so I am interested in using Beta, mostly because of Stored Procedures OUT parameters
behaivor added to Beta, so I want to test it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions are in this context:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If I uninstall ver3.20.x and then install ver3.50 Beta, then try to rebuild application, is there some extra tasks I need to do
(add referencies, change code, etc.)
2. Do I need to uninstall Beta then reinstall ver3.20.x to make production changes to applications, or I can build applications with Beta
(question is not about CoreLab responsibility, but more about aspect how much I can rely on it from Your as developers of this product point of view)
3. May be something more, what I have not mentioned, but You know I have to expect?
I am using VS2003 / MySQL_5.0 / MySQL_4.1.16nt / MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider 3.20 one of last builds

Serious

Re: About MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider 3.50 Beta

Post by Serious » Mon 13 Mar 2006 14:41

LostPassword wrote:1. If I uninstall ver3.20.x and then install ver3.50 Beta, then try to rebuild application, is there some extra tasks I need to do
There are no additional actions you have to do when migrating to newer version of MySQLDirect .NET. We guarantee full backward runtime compatibility of our product.
LostPassword wrote:2. Do I need to uninstall Beta then reinstall ver3.20.x to make production changes to applications, or I can build applications with Beta
No, you don't need to. Runtime code in this version is stable enough.
LostPassword wrote:3. May be something more, what I have not mentioned, but You know I have to expect?
There are no additional issues in this release.

Note also that you can use OUT and INOUT parameters even in MySQLDirect .NET 3.20. Refer to this version documentation to learn how to use these parameters.