Postby rmokros » Wed 18 Mar 2015 20:00

Hey I use for testing:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'C:/PRODUCTOS.TXT'
INTO TABLE Producto
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
IGNORE 1 ROWS;

I get on the server (Amazon RDS Aurora) something like 55 Writes / Sec

now I use a Data Source Flatfile Data Destination ADO.NET (same file same table same PC same Network) run and I get 20 Writes / Sec

Any idea where to start looking ?
rmokros

Re: Performace question :roll:

Postby Pinturiccio » Thu 19 Mar 2015 15:40

We have not tested dotConnect for MySQL with Amazon RDS Aurora, and cannot guarantee their compatibility.

According to the information on their website http://aws.amazon.com/ru/rds/aurora/faqs/#general, Amazon RDS Aurora does not support the MyISAM storage engine, and you should use the InnoDB storage engine.

We have performed tests with a MySQL database, and for the MyISAM storage engine, 20000 records are inserted for less than 10 seconds. When the InnoDB storage engine is used for the same table, the data are inserted with the speed of around 20 records per second.

dotConnect for MySQL includes two SSIS components: Devart MySql Source and Devart MySql Destination. These components use their own Connection Manager - DevartMySql. DevartMySql type was created in order to allow using special features of dotConnect for MySQL in Devart MySql Source and Devart MySql Destination, because ADO.NET Connection Manager can use only the general features present in all ADO.NET providers. For example, Devart MySql Destination component generates INSERT statements that insert data by several rows at the same time in order to improve the performance of loading data to a MySQL server, and this can result in significant performance boost. For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/articles/bis.html

Please try using Devart MySql Destination instead of the ADO NET Destination component. In this case even for the InnoDB storage engine the data were inserted in several seconds.
Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for MySQL