Using the grid-based data editor

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
lee

Using the grid-based data editor

Post by lee » Mon 13 Dec 2004 14:02

Can anyone help with updating via the data editor.

I can read data using the retrieve data command by right clicking on a table. However when I try to edit any of the columns I get a Access denied for ‘user’@’localhost’(using password no), When I check the connection there is a password and the test connection works.

All of the parameters in the connection for DbExplorer are the same as used with SQLYOG and MySQL Query Browser which work fine.

This sort of thing should just work. :(

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Tue 14 Dec 2004 08:59

This question has already been discussed in the forum.
Please see topic http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=931#931

lee

Connection problems

Post by lee » Tue 21 Dec 2004 09:44

You seem to have some issues with capitals in the username and password on version 2.70.1. I have tested this using 3rd party tools and a C# test application. I presume here like me that you do use alpha numeric mixed case user names and passwords. So far I have not been very happy with your product, I was looking for a production quality .Net MySql data provider that would allow me to concentrate on the time critical application I’m developing for my employer, and not spend time as an unwilling tester. :(

Oleg
Devart Team

Re: Connection problems

Post by Oleg » Tue 21 Dec 2004 16:07

If your problem can be reproduced not only at design-time please send to our support email address your test application including script with GRANTs for your user, your connection string.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Wed 12 Jan 2005 14:48

We have found and fixed the problem. Bug fix will be available in the next release of MySQLDirect.

Post by Guest » Thu 13 Jan 2005 17:22

I am having a similar problem. My datagrid retrieves info just fine, but I cannot update because the update query changes my db name to capital letters so the query fails.

As I was typing this it finally hit me, "Why put the name of my database in the original select query?" I took the db name out of the original select query and it worked. Looks to me just a minor bug with a simple work around.